Current Affairs Questions & Answers
1. Who among the following has been recently awarded Saraswati Samman for his book "Dhool Paudhon Par"?
Govind Mishra has won the Saraswati Samman for his work Dhool Paudhon Par. The novel deals with life and struggles of the modern Indian woman. Saraswati Samman is annually given to celebrated writers for outstanding contribution to literature in Indian languages. Mishra is a former IRS officer and was awarded with Vyas Samman (1998) and Sahitya Akademi Award (2008) also.
2. Which country is the current chair of G20 group of countries?
G20 is a group of 19 countries and EU. It started in 1999 and has served as a major platform for international economic cooperation and decision-making.
3. The successful launch of Mars Orbital Mission into Mars orbit was done by the critical test-fire of LAM of Mangalyaan. What does LAM stand for?
[A]Land Apogee Motor
[B]Liquid Aerial Motor
[C]Land Aerial Motor
[D]Liquid Apogee Motor
Liquid Apogee Motor
The critical test fire of LAM ultimately placed after a burn of 4 seconds using 0.5 kg fuel to slower the spacecraft. The success of Mangalyaan places India as the first nation in the world to do so in first attempt and also the first Asian nation to be able to reach Mars.
4. Who has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Fiji?
Voreqe Bainimarama has been sworn-in as the new PM of Fiji. General elections after 2006 military coup by Bainimarama, were held on 17 September 2014. He has won a clear majority of 60 % seats.
5. Which among the following places has been decided as the next SAARC Cultural Capital for the year 2015-16?
At the 3rd meeting of SAARC at New Delhi, Bamiyan was declared as the new Cultural Capital of SAARC for the year 2015-16. The Summit also declared 2016-17 as the SAARC Year of Cultural Heritage. The Summit took place at New Delhi in September 2014.
6. Government of India celebrated September 25 as which of the following days?
Antyodya Diwas was observed to mark the 98th birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay who was the noted philosopher, historian and political activist.
7. Which of the following forms a boundary between North and South Korea?
38th Parallel forms the boundary between North and South Korea. It lies 38 degrees north of the equator.
8. Who among the following has been selected for the 'Right Livelihood Prize' 2014?
[A]Ole von Uexkull
Edward Snowden has been selected for the Right Livelihood Award also known as Alternate Nobel Prize for his extraordinary courage to reveal the extent of state surveillance which violated all international norms of mutual trust and privacy.
9. Which two international cricketers have been selected as Bradman Honoree 2014?
[A]Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli
[B]Virat Kohli and Steve Waugh
[C]Shane Watson and Sachin Tendlkar
[D]Sachin Tendulkar and Steve Waugh
Sachin Tendulkar and Steve Waugh
Sachin Tendulkar and Steve Waugh have been selected by Sir Donald Bradman as th selected awardees of the prize. The awardees are selected on the basis of their contribution to international cricket which will promote the sport. It is a non-profitable organisation set up in 1987.
10. India has recently approved the Agreement on Electric Power Trade with __?
The Union Government has approved the Electric Power Trade Agreement with Nepal and has also ratified the grid connectivity and transmission across the border. The agreement will strengthen the power trade between two nations.