GK & Current Affairs: August 27, 28, 2014
1. Recently commissioned India's largest domestically built destroyer warship is__?
[B] INS Kolkata D63
[D]INS Ranvijay D55
INS Kolkata D 63
2. Which chemical is found in personal-care products such as toothpastes, declared recently as unsafe to use?
[C]Chloro Fluoro Carbons
Triclosan, an antibacterial chemical widely used in personal-care products, hinders muscle contractions at a cellular level, slows swimming in fish and reduces muscular strength in mice. It is commonly found in antibacterial personal-care products such as hand soaps as well as deodorants, mouthwashes, toothpaste, bedding, clothes, carpets, toys and trash bags.
3. Who has been appointed as the new President of European Union?
4. What is the name of the only drug which has shown positive results in saving life of few patients suffering from Ebola but has yet not been tested and approved by WHO?
5. Which African nation, known as Kingdom of Sky, was in news due to a military coup?
6. Government of India has named a new programme "Neeranchal" with an initial outlay of Rs. 2142 crores. What does the programme aim to achieve?
[A]Resolve interstate water disputes
[B]To give impetus to watershed development
[C]To cleanse rivers Ganga and Yamuna
[D]To promote water conservation
To give impetus to watershed development
7. Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project belongs to which among the following business conglomerates?
[D]None of them
Reliance Power has recently announced that the fifth 660 MW unit of the 3,960 MW Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project has started generating power.
8. Cultivation hilly slopes with small patches of land in descending order is known as ?
[D]None of the above
Contour farming is the term used to describe cultivation on the hill slopes with small patches of land in descending order.
9. Consider the following matches:
Country ↔ Football Player
1. Cristiano Ronaldo ↔ Portugal
2. Fernando Torres ↔ Spain
3. Frank Lampard ↔ England
Which among the above is / are correct matches?
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2 & 3
[C]Only 1 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
1, 2 & 3
All three matches are of some richest football players in the world. Portugal and Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo is the wealthiest footballer in the FIFA World Cup 2014.
10. Parts of which among the following states are known as "Tornado Alley " in United States?
[A]Texas and Oklahoma
[B]California and Nevada
[C]Montana and Wyoming
[D]Washington and Oregon
Texas and Oklahoma
Tornado Alley is part of northern Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska.