Role of Families & Society in Inculcating Values
Family is the foundation on which values are built. Moral values like truthfulness, happiness, peace, justice are instilled in children’s thoughts, feelings and actions and they function as ideals and standards that govern their actions in their life.
The value system practised in the family becomes automatic to the young family members if they are taught moral values systematically. The family, shapes the child’s attitude towards people and society, and helps in mental growth in the child and supports his ambitions and values. Blissful and cheerful atmosphere in the family will develop the love, affection, tolerance, and generosity.
A child learns his behaviour by modelling what he sees around him. Family plays a major role in helping a child socialize and has great influence and bearing on the progress of the child.
Joint family system, the presence of elders in the family plays the effective role in social and moral development of the children. It also helps young generation of the family to imbibe human values and eradicate their negative mental tendencies when they are among elders.
Children identify themselves with their parents, other family elders and adopt them as their personal models for emulation and imitation and hero-worship them. The behavioural problems are set correct only by the involvement of family in the child’s life as they spend most of their time in adolescence with the parents. Family is the first social organisation that provides the immediate proximity from which the kid can learn his behaviour.
Importance of Family values in life
- A family is a unit of parents and the children. Social standards and customs defined by a family provide the emotional and physical basis for a child.
- Values developed by a family are the foundation for how children learn, grow and function in the world. These beliefs, transmits the way of life a child lives and changes into an individual in a society.
- These values and morals guides the individual every time in his actions. Children turn out to be a good person because of the value taught and given by his family members
- Ideas passed down from generation to generation make up a family values. It answers the basic question of how one want to live the family life. Family values enhance the character and turns the children to be good human being.
- It teaches the individual how to behave and project himself to the next younger generation and the emotional support adds the importance of family values.
- Customs And Traditions followed and taught by the family leads a disciplined and organized life.
- Families values helps the child to stand strong on his views despite others efforts to break through with opposing beliefs. In addition,
- Beliefs and trusts built around a family helps the children to be responsible and conscientious adults.
- A child has a strong sense of what is right and wrong and are less likely to become victims of deviant influences.
- Children who are influenced by strong moral values identify them in others quickly which then produces a new generation with similar beliefs.
Thus, family is important in developing the moral values of child. There is a close contact between the parents and children, which determine the personality of child.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|