Indian Culture General Studies MCQs
11. What is the earlier name of “Leh Singhe-Khababs Festival”?
12. Which state of India is associated with the Folk Dance Teratali?
13. “Tamso Ma Jyotirgamaya” ” Lead us from Darkness to Light” , this comes from which among the following Upanishadas?
14. Singhe-Khababs Festival is celebrated in which among the following states of India?
15. Who among the following is also venerated as “Second Buddha”?
16. The Sangai Festival is celebrated in __:
17. With respect to the physics involved in playing of flute, consider the following observations:
- A flute player changes the pitch of the sound produced by opening and closing holes in the body of the flute
- Opening and closing of holes in the body of flute changes resonant frequency
- The pitch of the sound produced by Flute cannot be changed without opening and closing holes in the body of the flute.
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
18. Which among the following is / are key features of Gandhara School of Art?
- Lifelike statues of Buddha
- Stress on portraying the physical features
- Numerous folds and turns in the dress
- Heavy use of spotted red sandstone
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
19. Identify the festival of India with the help of given information:
- It is a harvest festival.
- It is celebrated in the month of August-September according to Gregorian Calendar.
- King Mahabali and Lord Vishnu are revered during the festival.
Select the correct answer from options given below:
20. Identify the dance form of India with the help of given information:
- It is recognised as classical dance of India.
- It is a solo female dance in a single costume.
- The Hastha Lakshandeepika is a classical text and forms the basis of hands and arms movement in the dance.
Select the correct answer from the options given below: