Indian Culture General Studies MCQs
- While decorated sticks are used in Dandia, Garba includes hand and feet movements
- While Dandia originated from an ancient sports, Garba originated from an ancient ritual
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
1. While the base material used in Mysore paintings is Cloth and wood, the base material in Thanjore paintings is paper and wood
2. Mysore paintings have no gem settings and glass embellishments
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
1. Virupakshi Hill Banana – Karnataka
2. Wackro Orange – Arunachal Pradesh
3. Laxman Bhog Mango – Uttar Pradesh
Which among the above is / are correct matches?
- The earliest caves were excavated during the Satavahana dynasty
- Ajanta caves were the first archaeological site in India to be inscribed in UNESCO World Heritage list
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
- It started out as a ritual dance form in the latter part of Bhakti movement
- It is essentially dedicated to the love and devotion towards Lord Krishna
- The movements involved in this dance form are basically circular with number of leaps and jumps
- The dance form has been endowed with emotional content based on Sankaradeva’s Chinha-yatra and Ojapali
Select the correct answer from options given below:
- It is an initiative of Ministry of Culture
- It aims to study the international maritime routes through international scientific seminars
Which of the above is/are correct statements?
- Kailash Temple at Ellora
- Virupaksha Temple
- Brihadisvara temple at Thanjavur
Select the correct option from codes given below: