Quiz – Current Affairs October 13, 2012
1. Which among the following city was the first Indian city to come up with ‘city biodiversity index’?
In the evaluation, the city scored 36 points while Brussels topped the list with 55 among the 14 cities across the world. The index evaluated the status of biodiversity and is expected to serve as a monitoring method to promote better management of resources and conservation efforts.
2. Who among the following is the present CEO and President of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)?
3. In which among the following city, the world’s largest exhibition for the book trade was opened recently?
4. What is the name of the ‘diamond planet’ that is discovered by the scientists recently?
[A]Virgo 55 e
[B]Taurus 55 e
[C]Cancri 55 e
[D]Capricorni 55 e
Cancri 55 e
5. Recently, which among the following has released the report titled “Marrying Too Young: End Child Marriage”?
[A]United Nations Population Fund
[B]Organisation of Economic Coopertion and Development
United Nations Population Fund
6. Recently, United Nations Security Council approved a plan for international military intervention to regain control of lost territories from Islamic militants in _________?
7. Which among the following organisation is awarded with 2012 Nobel Peace Prize?
8. Galileo is a global navigation satellite system (GNSS) currently being built by the European Union (EU) and European Space Agency (ESA). How many satellites Galileo will have after its full completion in 2019?
9. Recently, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi released the reprint edition of DHARMAPUSTAK, the first printed book in Assamese language, published in 1813 ( about 200 years ago ). The book is an Assamese version of the _________ translated by Atmaram Sarma ?
10. How many targets are set to be achieved under Aichi biodiversity targets?
« Previous QuizNext Quiz »