Quiz 440: General Knoweldge For All Examinations
1.Which among the following Mughal Emperor was also known as “Ali Gauhar”?
(A)Bahadur Shah Zafar
(B)Shah Aalam II
2.Consider the following statements:
1. Finance bills of the second class don’t involve expenditure from Consolidated Fund of India
2. Finance bills of the second class can be introduced without prior permission of President of India
Which among the following is correct option ?
(A)Only 1 is a correct statement
(B)Only 2 is a correct statement
(C)Both are correct statements
(D)Both are Incorrect statements
3.In which state is located the Tulbul project ?
(A)Jammu & Kashmir
4.What does an Ergograph show?
1. Soil Type and Crops in those Soils
2. Climate Type and Crops in those Climates
3. Seed Types and Output of those seeds.
(A)Only 1 & 2
(B)Only 1 & 3
(C)Only 2 & 3
5.Which of the following committees had recommended the Panchayat Raj Finance Corporation ?
(A)Balwantrai Mehta Committee (1957)
(B)K. Santhanam Committee (1963)
(C)Ashok Mehta Committee (1978)
(D)G.V.K. Rao Committee (1985)
6.Sayana, a very important commentator of Vedas flourished in which of the following?
7.Sant Kabir Award has been instituted to honor which of the following?
8.Pipali in Bengal is best known for which of the following ?
(A)First Dutch Factory
(B)First Portuguese Factory
(C)First French Factory
(D)First British Factory
9.Which among the following is found in a Bacteriophage?
(C)Both RNA & DNA
(D)Either RNA or DNA
10.Which among the following is the Largest Creditor to United States ?
11.SNDT Women’s University, the first women university was established at which of the following places?
12.In which state is coming up a new campus of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research?
(A)Gujarat at Ahamedabad
(B)Andhra Pradesh at Hyderabad
(C)Madhya Pradesh at Bhopal
(D)Karnataka at Bangalore
13.In which country is located the historic region of Transylvania?
14.Consider the following statements:
1. Holders of the Bharat Ratna decoration find a place higher than Judges of Supreme Court of India in the Indian order of precedence
2. First person to get Bharat Ratna posthumously was Lal Bahadur Shastri
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
(A)Only 1 is true
(B)Only 2 is true
(C)Both are True
(D)Both are untrue
15.In which year , first Hydro-electric Power station in Asia was set up at Shivanasamudra Falls in Karnataka?