What is UDID Project?
The UDID project is under implementation since 2016. The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities recently made it mandatory for all states and Union Territories to issue a certificate of disability only using UDID portal. This is to come into force from June 1, 2021.
UDID is Unique ID for Persons with Disabilities Project. The project aims to provide a Universal ID And disability certificates for persons with disabilities.
About UDID Project
The Project aims to create a National Database for the Persons with Disabilities. Also, it aims to issue a UDID, that is, Unique Disability Identity Card to each person with disabilities.
Key Features of the Project
The project aims to achieve the following:
- A centralised web application for online availability of data of person with disabilities across the country.
- Online filling and submission of application form for disability certificate
- Fast tracking the process of calculating the percentage of disability by the hospitals
- Online updating and renewal of information about the persons with disabilities
Disabilities included in the project
The persons with disabilities included in the project are based on Disabilities Act, 1995. The following disabilities are included in the project:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Low Vision
- Locomotor Disability
- Mental retardation
- Mental Illness
- Hearing Impairment
The Government of India collects only the following details from the person to create the UDID for him:
- Personal details including his or her address
- Employment details
- Identity Details
- Disability Details
Benefits of UDID project
- The project will remove the need to make multiple copies of documents. The UDID card will capture all the required details.
- It will be the single document of verification and identification required to avail various benefits in the future.
- It will help to track financial progress of beneficiaries at all levels starting from village, block, district, state and national level.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2021
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|