What is SAMVEDNA?
SAMVEDNA is Sensitizing Action on Mental Health Vulnerability through Emotional Development and Necessary Acceptance. It a toll-free helpline through which children affected during COVID-19 pandemic are provided counselling.
- The main objective of SAMVEDNA is to provide psychological first aid and emotional support to the COVID-19 affected children
- The tele-counselling is provided by the National Commission of Child Rights working under Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- Psychologists, counselors and experts from NIMHANS, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences.
- The Toll-Free Number is 1800-121-2830
- It is available from Monday to Saturday, from 10 AM to 1 PM and 3 PM to 8 PM.
- The service is only to children.
- The service under this initiative is provided under various regional languages such as Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, etc.
What is the plan?
The tele-counselling is to be provided to children in three categories. They are as follows:
- Children who have lost their parents due to COVID-19
- Children who are in quarantine in COVID care centres
- Children who have COVID-19 positive parents or family members.
Other similar initiatives
The SAMVAD at NIMHANS is releasing a four-part special series to address the anxiety faced by abandoned and orphaned children following the loss of family members due to COVID-19. This will equip the mental health professionals, child protection functionaries and all other concerned citizens. It will provide concrete methods to the service providers and caregivers to break the bad news to children and help them process experience of loss and grief.
What will these initiatives focus on?
Both the above initiatives will provide ways to respond to the illness of children and anxiety.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2021
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|