UP Budget 2021: UP becomes first state to table paperless budget
The state of Uttar Pradesh has become the first Indian State that has tabled the paperless budget. The State finance minister, Suresh Khanna presented the State Budget for 2021-2021 on February 22, 2021 in the paperless mode.
- The members of the State Legislature were provided with the iPads so as to keep a tab on the budget highlights.
- Budget highlights were also displayed on two big screens in the house.
- Budget document was also made available on the budget App of the Uttar Pradesh named as “Uttar Pradesh Sarkar Ka Budget”. This app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
Key Facts from the Budget
- The UP government has presented the state budget of worth Rs 5,50,270.78 crore for fiscal year 2021-22.
- The budget outlay has been increased this year by Rs 34,410 crores as compared to the last years budget.
- The budget was presented with the aim of making Uttar Pradesh Atmanirbhar.
- The budget also seeks to ensure all round development in the state.
- The budget is inclusive of new schemes of total outlay Rs 27,598.40 crore.
- In the budget, Rs 101 crores has been allocated for the airport in Ayodhya District named as “Maryada Purushottam Shri Ram Airport” which is under construction.
- Rs 200 crores budget was allocated for the ‘Mahila Samarthya Yojana’ to boost the women empowerment in UP.
The budget was presented with the motive of ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vishwas’. It seeks to bring, taps, water, electricity and roads in every household. It also aims to make every village digital. While highlighting the budget, the Chief minister also stated that, ‘Abhyuday Yojana’ was launched for competitive exams. Under this, eligible students for the competitive exams like UPSC, banking, Railway, NEET and IIT-JEE will be given tablets.