Rajasthan Budget 2021: Universal Healthcare Scheme announced
The chief minister of Rajasthan, Ashok Gehlot, have announced a Universal Health Coverage for the state while presenting the state budget of state for 2021-22 on February 24, 2021.
- The government has allocated Rs 3,500 crore for the financial year 2021-2022.
- This was announced under the measures to reinforce the health infrastructure in the state.
- This budget will also ensure that healthcare gets more accessible to its citizens.
- The government also announced to set up nursing colleges at 25 district headquarters. Other eight districts are already having one nursing college.
- Public Health Colleges will also be established in all seven divisional headquarters.
Rajasthan Model of Public Health (RMPH)
- The government announced the “Rajasthan Model of Public Health” under which the government will also bought “Right to Health Bill” which gives emphasis on the rights of patients.
- Under this model, the state will take Preventive Care measures, Primary Care measures and Curative Care measures in accordance with the recommendations of the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Under this Universal Health Coverage Plan, every family will get a Rs 5 lakh health cover.
- This will also cover those who are beneficiary of the Ayushman Bharat – Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojana (AB-MGRSBY). They can avail the benefits for free.
- The health coverage plan will also cover the contract workers, and small and marginal farmers. They will be eligible for free.
- While, the remaining people can avail the benefits under scheme by paying 50 per cent cost of insurance premium at government and private hospitals. The treatment will be cashless up to Rs 5 lakh per year.
Primary Healthcare Service
The Universal Health care model will also ensure that primary healthcare services is provided to each citizen within three kilometres or 30 minutes walking distance.
The state government has also planned to launch mechanism for grievance redressal within the healthcare services. It will be launched at every block and district level.
Category: States Current Affairs