Online Grievance Management Portal of NCSC launched
The Union Minister for Communication and IT and Law and Justice recently launched the “Online Grievance Management portal of NCSC”. NCSC is National Commission of Scheduled Castes.
About the Portal
- The portal was launched on the occasion of 130th birth anniversary of Dr B R Ambedkar.
- The Scheduled Caste community in the country can register their complaints in the portal from any part of the country.
- The portal was designed by Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Application and Geoinformatics. The institute operates under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
National Commission for Scheduled Caste
The commission was established under Article 338 of the Constitution of India. The main objective of the commission is to investigate and monitor issues pertaining to the safeguard of Scheduled Castes in the country.
The 65th Constitution Act, 1990 amended Article 338 of the constitution. The amendment replaced the commission from its one-member system to multi-member system.
The 89th amendment of the constitution introduced in 2003 separated the National Commission for Scheduled Caste into two different commissions. One was National Commission for Scheduled Caste and the other was National Commission for Scheduled Tribes.
Structure of National Commission for Scheduled Caste
The Commission consists of a chairperson, vice-chairperson and three other members. All the members of the commission are appointed by the President of India.
Functions of NCSC
- To monitor and investigate all issues that are concerned with the safeguards of the Scheduled Caste people provided under the Constitution of India.
- To enquire complaints that are related to deprivation of rights and safeguards of the Schedules Castes.
- To advise central and state governments in planning socio-economic development of the Scheduled Castes.
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|