Odisha’s Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana
The Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik recently declared working journalists of the State of Odisha as the frontline COVID-19 warriors. This announcement was made under the Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana. With these more than 6,500 journalists are to be benefitted in the state.
Gopandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana
- It is a health insurance scheme that was introduced for the journalists by the Odisha state government. The scheme provides two lakh rupees of health insurance cover to all the working journalists of the state.
- It was launched in 2018.
- The scheme includes cashless treatment in government and private hospitals.
- It also covers illness and injuries faced by journalists while performing their duties.
- The scheme has been named after Gopalbandhu Das. He was a popular reformer, social worker, journalist, political activist, essayist and a poet in Odisha.
- His contributions to the field of culture, art and society earned him the “Epithet of Utkalmani”. It means the Jewel of Odisha.
- He launched a magazine called “Satyabadi”. His contributions to journalism were short but remarkable.
Several other states also declared journalists as frontline workers. This includes Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Punjab, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh.
The significance of declaring journalists as frontline workers is that they will be vaccinated in Phase I of COVID-19 vaccination programme of India. The beneficiaries of phase I of COVID-19 vaccination programme are health care workers, frontline workers and those in the population greater than fifty years. The current frontline workers are home guards, armed forces, prison staff, municipal workers, civil defence volunteers including disaster management volunteers.
Mixing Covid-19 vaccines increase Vaccine Reactogenicity
The researchers in the University of Oxford recently launched “Com-COV Study “. The study was la...
What is Sputnik Light Single Dose?
Sputnik V vaccine developed by Russia is a two-dose vaccine. The unique feature of the vaccine is th...
What is COVID Variant of Concern?
The UK scientists recently declared the new COVID-19 strains found in India as the “Variant of Con...
Russia produces COVID-19 vaccines for animals
Russia recently produced the first batch of COVID-19 vaccines for animals. The name of the vaccine i...
S&P: Growth of 11 per cent for India in 2021
The S&P Global Ratings recently said that the Indian Economy is to grow at 11% in 2021-22. Earli...
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|