National Horticulture Fair 2021
The National Horticulture Fair will start on February 8, 2021. It is a five-day event that will be organised at the Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR) campus. People from all across India will also participate the event virtually.
About National Horticulture Fair
- The theme of the National Horticulture Fair 2021 will be: ‘Horticulture for Start-Up and Stand-Up India’.
- The theme seeks to encourage the farmers to become entrepreneurs.
- The fair will be organised by the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) and Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR).
- It will be held virtually as well as offline.
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the physical entry of participants is restricted to 30,000.
- Farmers will also participate in the event with the help of 721 Krishi Vijnana Kendras and 11 Agricultural Technology Application Research Institutes.
- In order for people to participate in the events, arrangements have also been made at the agricultural training centres of state governments.
- During the event, around 211 live demonstrations will be showcased.
- Through the event, the farmers can also interact with the scientists.
Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR)
It is an autonomous organization. It is engaged in doing the basic, strategic, anticipatory and applied research on various aspects of horticulture. It is headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The institute is a subsidiary of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). It works under the nodal head of the Ministry of Agriculture.
It is a branch of agriculture that involves the intensively cultured plants which are directly used by man for food, medicinal purposes and aesthetic gratification. It involves the cultivation, production and sale of fruits, vegetables, herbs, flowers, ornamental or exotic plants. L.H. Bailey is called as the Father of American Horticulture. On the other hand, M.H. Marigowda is called as the Father of Indian Horticulture.
Topics: Horticulture • horticulture crops • Horticulture in India • Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) • Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR) • National Horticulture Fair 2021 • National Horticulture Mission
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|