Light House Project
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently laid the foundation of the Light House Project in six states.
- Where are the Light House Projects being implemented?
- Which Ministry is to implement the Light House Project?
- What are the Key Features of Light House Project?
- What are the benefits of Light House Project project?
- What are the advanced technologies to be used in Light House Project?
- What is the cost of the Light House Project?
Where are the Light House Projects being implemented?
The Light House Projects are to be implemented in Agartala (Tripura), Ranchi (Jharkhand), Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh), Indore (Madhya Pradesh), Rajkot (Gujarat) and Chennai (Tamil Nadu) under the Global Housing Technology Challenge-India.
Which Ministry is to implement the Light House Project?
The Light House Project is to be implemented by Union Urban Ministry.
What are the Key Features of Light House Project?
- Under the Light House Projects, people are provided sustainable housing considering the local climate and ecology.
- Under the project, cheap and strong houses are built using special techniques.
- The Beam-columns and panels of the houses are to be prepared from factories and brought to the place of construction.
- The entire carpet area of this project will be in 34.50 square meters.
- Under this, 14-storey towers will be built.
- A total of 1,040 flats are to be built. Each flat will be 415 square feet.
What are the benefits of Light House Project project?
The main advantage of the project is that the duration and cost of construction is reduced. The houses built under the Light House project will be completely earthquake resistant. They will be durable and environmentally friendly due to the use of pre-fabricated materials.
What are the advanced technologies to be used in Light House Project?
- Under the project, the houses being built in Indore will not have brick and mortar walls, but a pre-fabricated sandwich panel system will be used in it.
- Monolithic concrete is to be used in the houses to be built in Rajkot. This technology of France will give momentum and the new one will be able to withstand more disaster.
- Canada technology is being used in a house built in Lucknow, it will have walls already made, there is no need to plaster and paint these walls.
- The technology of steel frames is to be used in Agartala. This technology has been sourced from New Zealand.
- In Chennai, Finland’s and America’s precast concrete system will be used.
- In Ranchi, 3-D construction system of Germany is to be used to construct houses.
What is the cost of the Light House Project?
The cost of houses is Rs 12.59 lakh. Out of this, Rs 7.83 lakh will be provided by the Central Government and State Government. The rest of the 4.76 lakh rupees will have to be paid by the beneficiaries.
In 2017, the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry asked the states and union territories to select six locations for the light house project under GHTC-India. As per the standards, the GoI announced to start the Light House Project in the 6 states and Union Territories that received the highest marks.