Kisan Kalyan Mission of Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh Government is to launch Kisan Kalyan mission.
What are the key features of Kisan Kalyan mission?
- The Kisan Kalyan mission aims to double the farmer income covering all the Assembly constituencies of the state of Uttar Pradesh. This is to be achieved through campaigns that create awareness among farmers on how to reduce agricultural caused by using fertilizers in a balanced manner.
- The mission will also encourage farmers to time their cultivation of crops according to the demand of the market.
- The mission aims to create agricultural diversification.
- Under the mission several programmes such as exhibition of agriculture and associate sector including products of MSME missions and livelihood missions are to be launched.
- The mission will act as a unified platform for several state government departments such as Mandi Parishad, animal husbandry, Horticulture, sugarcane food and supply, fisheries and Panchayati Raj.
- The mission will provide contemporary information about saving the Rabi crop. It will also provide solutions on preventing the next crops from damage.
- The mission will also distribute Kisan credit cards.
What is the role of Kisan Vigyan Kendras in Kisan Kalyan Mission?
The Kisan Kalyan mission is to deploy the experts of Krishi Vigyan Kendras. These experts are to share their knowledge on advanced techniques of farming and how to increase income of farmers. Krishi Vigyan Kendras are agricultural centres that focus on agricultural research in practical and localised setting. These centres are linked to Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
What are the activities undertaken by Kisan Kalyan mission?
- It will provide 100% coverage to bovine vaccination for foot and mouth disease.
- it will cover eradication of sheep and goat plague.
- Distribution of mini kits of oilseeds and pulses.
- Artificial insemination
- demonstration programs on micro irrigation
- demonstrations of integrated cropping practice
What is Kisan Kalyan Abhiyan?
The Kisan Kalyan Abhiyan was launched in 2018 by the Ministry of Agriculture and farmers welfare. It aims to help farmers in improving their farming techniques. The objectives and intention of Kisan Kalyan Abhiyan is same as that of Kisan Kalyan Mission.
What is the main difference between Kisan Kalyan Abhiyan and Kisan Kalyan Mission?
This Kisan Kalyan Abhiyan is being implemented by the central government. On the other hand, the Kisan Kalyan Mission is implemented by UP State Government. The Kisan Kalyan Abhiyan has chosen 112 aspirational districts in the country. The aspirational districts with more than thousand population have been selected. The factor of aspirational district in absent in Kisan Kalyan Mission of UP Govt.