Integrated Rail Madad Helpline Number launched
Indian Railways has launched an integrated “Rail Madad Helpline number 139”. This helpline number can be used for all type of queries, assistance and complaints for passengers during the travel.
All the existing helplines numbers have now been integrated into a single number 139. This was done to overcome the inconvenience that existed with multiple helpline numbers for grievances and enquiry for railway travel. This integrated helpline number will help in quick grievance redressal and enquiry during the journey. To raise the awareness and inform public, railways has also launched a social media campaign called “#OneRailOneHelpline139”.
Indian Railways has already discontinued several railway grievances helplines in the year 2020. The helpline no. 182 will be discontinued from April 1, 2021 and will be merged into 139.
About Helpline no 139
The Helpline number 139 are available in twelve languages. The Passengers can opt for Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS). Passengers would also be given the option to directly connect to the call-centre executive by pressing asterisk (*). This new helpline number does not require any smartphone to call from. This number is compatible with all types of phones. On an average the 139-helpline number receives enquiry 3,44,513 calls or SMS per day.
Menu of 139 Helpline Number
- For security & medical assistance, users are required to press 1. This will connect the call immediately to the call centre executive.
- For enquiry, passenger will have to press 2. Then through the sub menu, information with respect to PNR status, arrival or departure of the train, fare enquiry, accommodation, system ticket cancellation, ticket booking, wake up alarm facility or destination alert etc can be obtained.
- General complaints can be made by pressing 4
- Vigilance related complaints can be made by pressing 5
- Parcel & goods related queries can be made by pressing 6
- For IRCTC operated trains queries, passengers can press 7
- Status of complaints can be obtained by pressing 9
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|