India’s First CNG Tractor to be Launched
India is going to launch its first-ever diesel tractor that has been converted to Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) on February 12, 2021.
- The CNG Tractor will be formally launched by Nitin Gadkari, the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways.
- The conversion of the Diesel tractor into the CNG tractor was carried out jointly by Rawmatt Techno Solutions and Tomasetto Achille India.
- The conversion of the diesel to CNG will help the farmers to increase their income.
- It will lower the costs and help to create job opportunities for the people living in rural India.
- The CNG tractor will also help the farmer to save more than one lakh rupees on the costs of fuel annually.
- This in turn will help the farmers to improve their livelihood.
Benefits of converting a tractor to CNG
The benefits of converting the tractor to CNG with respect to farmers are:
- This retrofitted CNG tractor produces more power or equal when compared to the diesel-run engine.
- The CNG tractor will reduce the overall emissions by 70 per cent as compared to the emission by the diesel tractors.
- CNG tractor would also help farmers to save up to 50 per cent of the fuel cost.
Significance of CNG
CNG is a clean fuel. The carbon content in the CNG is the lowest among all the fuels. It is economical because of zero lead in it. It is non-corrosive, non-dilutive and non-contaminating in nature. These properties help to increase the life of the engine. Further, the fuel requires less regular maintenance.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|