India Toy Fair, 2021- Key Facts
The government is all set to launch the website of the India Toy Fair, 2021. The website will be launched on February 11, 2021. It will be launched by the Minister of Textiles Smriti Irani, Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal in New Delhi.
About Indian Toy Fair-2021
- India’s first ever toy fair (Indian Toy Fair) will be held from February 27 to March 2, 2021.
- The fair is being organised by the Ministry of Textiles in association with the Ministry of Education and the ministry of commerce and industry.
- It is a virtual event that will be organised with the aim of providing a joyful learning for the children.
- The fair would engage the children in teaching, learning and promoting the indigenous toy industry.
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar Centre for Creative Learning (CCL) has developed over 200 toys to showcase in fair.
- Some of the toys are-
- Hydralulic JCB controlled using syringes,
- Robot made using a DC motor,
- Periscope to look beyond the wall,
- Easy learning of geometry through lamps.
- Explaining textbook trignometry through a sine wave car,
- The fair would also comprise of 75 exhibition stalls of the State Council for Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Ministry of Education, National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSEL).
The idea to organise a toy fair came from the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Mann Ki Baat address on August 30, 2020. In his address the prime minister highlighted the huge potential of toys market and the opportunities which can be used to promote the indigenous toys.
About Centre for Creative Learning (CCL)
CCL was established in April 2017. It comprises of a team of 10 that nurture the scientific temper and creativity in students and teachers. CCL has created over 200 toys and models to showcase in the virtual event. It is also playing a role of an expert group for the content provider for the toy fair.
Category: Events Current Affairs