IIT Council sets up panels for autonomy
The IIT Council, which is the apex decision-making body of IITs. has set up four panels for autonomy on February 22, 2021. The panel will look after several issues ranging from funding to graded autonomy in the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
- The panel has also decided to do the rationalisation of staff from current standard to a lower number.
- IIT Council was headed by education minister Ramesh Pokhriyal.
- The council will also look after the issues including mobility of faculties in between the classroom & industries, wider use of technology in education operations & dissemination, rationalisation of staff, grooming faculties to become directors.
Four committees of IIT council
The four committees have been constituted based on the recommendation of Chairman of the Standing Committee for IIT Council. They were constituted on understated issues in accordance with the National Education Policy-2020:
- Group-1: Graded Autonomy, Empowered & accountable BoG and Director;
- Group-2: Grooming distinguished academics for directorship of IITs;
- Group-3: Reform and restructuring of Academic Senate;
- Group-4: Innovative funding mechanisms.
The Council of Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Council) is the governing body. This body is responsible and accountable for all the Indian Institutes of Technology in India. In this council, Chairman happens to be the minister-in-charge of the technical education in the Union Government. The council also comprises of three Members of Parliament, Joint Council Secretary of Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Chairman of all IITs, Directors of all IITs, Chairman of University Grants Commission, three appointees from the Union Government, AICTE, Chairman of IISc and Director of IISc.
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|