Davos Agenda Summit, 2021
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Chinese President Xi Jing Ping are to participate in the Davos Agenda Summit. The Davos Agenda Summit is organised by the World Economic Forum. The “Great Reset Initiative” of the World Economic Forum is to be launched during the Davos Agenda Summit.
The theme of the Davos Agenda Summit, 2021 is “Stakeholders for a cohesive and sustainable world”.
The four major objectives that are to be discussed during the Davos Agenda Summit, 2021 are as follows:
- To address the urgent climate and environmental challenges harming the global economy
- To transform industries into more inclusive business models
- To Govern technologies driving the fourth industrial revolution
- To adapt to social, demographic and technological trends reshaping employment, education and entrepreneurship
Key Highlights of Davos Agenda Summit, 2021
The following discussions will be the key focus at the Davos Agenda Summit, 2021:
- America First: The America First policy of USA has created huge breakdown in international agreements in the last few years. It has undermined several global agreements including Paris Climate Change deal.
- Tensions in Iran: Upon the authorisation of the US President Donald Trump, General Qasem Soleimani was killed by the US army in a drone attack. This has increased the geopolitical tensions between USA and Iran.
- Russia’s annexation of Crimea has strained the tensions between US and Russia more than at any time since the cold war.
Great Reset Initiative
In 2021, the World Economic Forum has brought up a new twin-summit format in its Davos meeting. One of the meets is the usual Davos Agenda Summit and the other is the new Great Reset Initiative. Just like the Davos Agenda Summit, the Great Reset Initiative will bring the world leaders and will primarily focus on managing direct consequences of COVID-19 crisis. Basically, the Great Reset Initiative is being started to recover global economy from COVID-19 crisis.