Aero India 21 app
The Aero India-21 mobile application was recently launched by the Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh. The mobile app will act as a handy interactive interface for all the issues related to Aero India 2021. The application has features to support the attendees, exhibitors and media of Aero India 21.
Aero India 21
- The Aero India is a biennial air show held in Bengaluru. It is organised by the Defence Exhibition Organisation operating under the Ministry of Defence. This year, the Aero India is being conducted under the theme “Runaway to a Billion Opportunities”. Aero India-21 is the first hybrid event where the business element will happen both physically and virtually.
- The first edition of Aero India was held in 1996.
- The Aero India 21 is to be held in line with the Draft Defence Production and export Promotion Policy 2020.
Defence Exhibition Organisation
The Defence Exhibition Organisation was established in 1981. It was established to promote the export potential of the Indian defence industry. It is responsible for organizing international exhibitions such as DEFEXPO.
Draft Defence Production and Export Promotion Policy, 2020
- Currently the size of the Defence industry is Rs 80,000 crores. Of this the contribution of public sector is Rs 63,000 crores and that of private sector is Rs 17,000 crores. The policy aims to increase the participation of the private sector helping India achieve its Atma Nirbhar goals.
- The main objective of the policy is to achieve a turn over of Rs 1,75,000 crores including exports of Rs 35,000 crores by 2025.
- The policy aims to reduce defence imports and boost “Make in India” initiative.
- A negative list of weapons was notified The policy aims to update the list at least once a year.
- The two defence corridors in the country located in Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh are to e targeted by providing additional support.
Category: Defence Current Affairs