16th FICCI Higher Education Summit
The Union education minister, addressed the 16th FICCI Higher Education Summit on February 25, 2021. The summit is being organised in New Delhi from February 25, 2021 to February 27, 2021. While addressing the summit the minister said it will make India the knowledge capital of the world.
- The policy allows the students to be more creative in their respective fields since it focuses on entrepreneurship, innovation and skill development.
- Minister also said, the centre is looking for a greater private sector participation and has planned to increase the number of Institutes of Eminence (IoEs) from 20 to 50.
- He also said, government values the private players and will encourage them for value creation in education.
- It will also confer IoE status to 25 select private institutions.
- IoEs enjoy the administrative, academic and financial autonomy so as to compete at the global level.
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
The FICCI was established in the year 1927. It is the largest and oldest apex business organisation of India. It is a non-government, not-for-profit organisation which acts as the voice of business and industry in India. The organisation is involved in the engaging with policy makers & civil society and encouraging debate. The organisation serves as the members from the Indian private & public corporate sectors. The organisation also provides the platform for networking and consensus building across sectors. It is the first port of call for the Indian industry, international business community and policy makers.
Institutes of Eminence (IoE)
It is a recognition scheme for the higher education institutes of India. This recognition is set by University Grants Commission in 2017. The plan is to include twenty institutions out of which 16 have already been declared Institutes of Eminence. The institutes which are recognised as IoE are granted more autonomy with respect to administration and academics.
Category: Summits and Conferences