Indian Geography Questions (MCQs) for UPSC, State PCS and SSC Examinations
Indian Geography Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Quiz for State and UPSC Civil Services Examinations. Objective Questions on Indian Geography for competitive examinations.
- Bateshwar hills
- Biligiriranga Hills
- Chin Hills
- Dhosi Hill
Which among the following presents a correct set of states in which they are located?
- Bhils are the people of Dravidian stock now living in M.P. and Rajasthan.
- The Gonds constitute the largest tribal group of India.
- Onges, Shompens and Sentinelese are the inhabitants of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- There is a substantial fertility decline in the South India in recent years in comparison to North India
- Average population age is greater in case of South India in comparison to North India
Which among the above is / are correct?
- in increasing carbon sequestration in the soil
- to reduce water footprint
- in soil conservation
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
- Parallel Courses of rivers
- Tributaries meeting their master streams at acute angles
- Most rivers are of perennial nature
- Lower reaches of rivers with steep gradient suitable for hydropower generation
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
- Lateritic soils are rendered infertile by the presence of excess iron
- In India, Lateritic soils are observed mainly in Western states
- Lateritic soils generally have high silt/clay ratio
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
Which of the above are true annual plants?