Environment, Ecology & Biodiversity MCQs
Environment, Ecology & Biodiversity Multiple choice questions for GK paper in SSC, NDA, CDS, UPSC, UPPSC and State PSC Examinations.
11. On 23 December 2005, the Government of India enacted the Disaster Management Act, which envisaged the creation of the National Disaster Management Authority. Who among the following heads this authority?
12. In which of the following the ecological pyramid of numbers is broad in center?
13. Which of the following is India’s First National Marine Park ?
14. Which among the following World Heritage site of India is owned by two states?
15. Out of the 81,000 animal species so far described from India, Invertebrates have a lion’s share with about 68,000 organisms and microorganisms. In this context, consider the following:
- Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972
- Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980
- Biological Diversity Act, 2002
Which among the above emphasize(s) upon conservation of the Invertebrates?
16. Which among the following crops would enrich the Nitrogen content in the soil?
17. Lion-tailed Macaque is found in which of the following regions?
18. “Narayan Sarovar Sanctuary” in Kutch, Gujarat is most famous for which of the following?
19. Which among the following correctly defines Global 200?
20. On which of the following planets of the solar system, the scientists have seen a “Great Red Spot” which is an anticyclonic storm persistent since last over 180 years?