GK & Current Affairs: September 9, 10, 2015
1. The recently launched PMKKKY scheme is related to which of the following sectors?
[B]Mines and Minerals
[D]Education and Skill Development
Answer: Mines and Minerals
Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana (PMKKKY) for welfare of the people living in areas which are affected directly or indirectly by mining.
2. Who among the following has topped the recently released Fortune’s list of 50 most powerful women in business?
Answer: Mary Barra
PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi is the sole Indian-origin executive in Fortune’s list of 50 most powerful women in business, which has been topped by General Motors CEO Mary Barra.
3. What was India’s rank in the Commonwealth Youth Games overall medal tally?
India ended their Commonwealth Youth Games with fifth spot in the overall tally with 19 medals (9 gold, 4 silver, 6 bronze) behind Australia (24, 19, 19), South Africa (13, 7, 15), England (12, 16, 16) and Malaysia (11, 3, 3).
4. Who is the director of the recently released Iranian film “Muhammad: Messenger of God”, which faced some controversy?
Answer: Majidi Majidi
“Muhammad: Messenger of God”is an Iranian movie directed by Majid Majidi. Its music was composed by Indian music composer A.R. Rahman. The movie came under some controversy when a lesser known Muslim group issued a fatwa against Rahman.
5. Which of the following is the guided missile destroyer of Indian Navy?
Answer: INS Ranvijay
INS Ranvijay is one of the Rajput-class guided-missile destroyers of Indian Navy. It is in service since 1987.In recent years, it has taken part into several war games and exercised. In 2015, it represented Indian Navy in the first biennial bilateral maritime exercise between Australia and India “AUSINDEX” along with stealth frigate INS Shivalik and fleet tanker INS Shakti.
6. The “six-nation accord”, which was recently making news is related to which of the following countries?
Iran and a group of six nations led by the United States had reached a historic accord in July 2015 to significantly limit Tehran’s nuclear ability for more than a decade in return for lifting international oil and financial sanctions.
7. According to SEBI norms, what is the minimum investment an investor is needed to make through book-building process to be called an “anchor investor”?
[A]Rs. 10 Crore
[B]Rs. 20 Crore
[C]Rs. 50 Crore
[D]Rs. 100 Crore
Answer: Rs. 10 Crore
An anchor investor in market parlance refers to a qualified institutional buyer (QIB) making an application for a value of Rs.10 crore or more through the book-building process.SEBI, in 2009, introduced the concept of anchor investor in public issues in order to create a significant impact on pricing of initial public offers (IPOs).
8. With reference to United Nations, which among the following status is applicable to Vatican?
[B]Non-Member Non-sovereign State
[D]Non-member observer state
Answer: Non-member observer state
Palestine became an observer state in 2012. The Vatican has been a non-member observer state since 1964.
9. Which among the following doubles tournaments have been recently Leander Paes and Martina Hingis pair in 2015? 1. OS Open 2. Australian Open 3. Wimbledon Select the correct option from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2 & 3
[C]Only 1 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
Answer: 1, 2 & 3
Leander Paes created history by winning the US Open mixed doubles title with Swiss partner Martina Hingis to become the format’s most successful male player in the Open era. With this win, the Paes-Hingis duo, which also won the Australian Open and the Wimbledon titles early this season, have become the first mixed doubles team since 1969 to win three Grand Slam mixed doubles titles in the same year.
10. Which of the following cosmonauts currently holds record for having spent maximum time in Space?
Answer: Gennady Padalka
In September 2015, the Russian astronaut Gennady Padalka has returned to Earth with the record for having spent the most time in space. The 57-year-old’s latest mission lasted 168 days, bringing his total to 879 days in space over five trips; which is more than anyone else so far. .
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »