GK & Current Affairs: September 11, 12, 2015
1. Who among the following is current Prime Minister of Sri Lanka?
Answer: Ranil Wickremesinghe
Recently, Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe had visited India. He is holding the office of Prime Minister of Sri Lanka since 9 January 2015. He is also the leader of the United National Front. This is his third term as Prime Minister of Sri Lanka.
2. Which of the following countries has established the India Rapid Reaction Cell (IRRC) to speed up its defense ties with India?
Answer: United States
India Rapid Reaction Cell is the name of first ever country special cell established by the Pentagon, headquarters of the United States Department of Defense. It is a part of India- U.S. Defence Trade and Technology Initiative (DTTI) and has been set up to speed up defense ties with India, which is not only a big buyer but also a potential collaborator in defense sector. It is headed by Keith Webster, Director, International Cooperation Office of the Under Secretary of Defence for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics.
3. Which among the following is NOT a G4 group country?
Answer: South Africa
G-4 group is a group of four countries viz. Japan, Germany, Brazil and India and this group wants expansion of the United Nations Security Council and permanent seats for themselves.
4. Amogha-1, which was successfully tested recently is a __?
[A]Anti-Tank Guided Missile
[C]Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
Answer: Anti-Tank Guided Missile
Amogha-1 is the name of India’s indigenously-developed second generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile. It has a range of 2.8 kilometres. This is the first-ever design and developmental effort in respect of missiles by Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), Hyderabad. It was recently successfully test fired at Babina Army Range, Madhya Pradesh.
5. The Union Government has recently established a panel to Central Water Commission (CWC) and the Central Ground Water Board (CGWB). Who among the following heads this panel?
Answer: Mihir Shah
The Ministry for Water Resources has constituted a seven-member committee led by former Planning Commission member Mihir Shah to restructure the Central Water Commission (CWC) and the Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) to encourage optimal development of water resources in the country.
6. Currently (September 2015), which of the following states have fixed minimum educational qualifications for those contesting panchayat polls? 1. Rajasthan 2. Madhya Pradesh 3. Haryana Select the correct option from the codes given below:
[B]Only 1 & 2
[C]Only 1 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
Answer: Only 1 & 3
After Rajasthan, Haryana has become the second BJP-ruled State to fix minimum educational qualifications for those contesting panchayat polls, thus excluding a vast swathe of the poor and socially disadvantaged from aspiring to becoming members of local bodies.
7. Which among the following is / are Post office deposits?
1. Senior Citizen Saving Scheme
2. Kisan Vikas Patra
3. Public Provident Fund
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2 & 3
[C]Only 1 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
Answer: 1, 2 & 3
Currently the Post Office deposits are Monthly Income Scheme; Recurring Deposits (RD), Saving Accounts, 5-year NSC VIII, 10-year NSC IX, Fixed Deposits, Senior Citizen Saving Scheme; Kisan Vikas Patra; Public Provident Fund and Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna.
8. What would be the number of bytes, transferred at the rate of 1 Kilobit per second?
kilobit per second (kbps) is a unit of data transfer rate equal to 1,000 bits per second and 125 bytes per second.
9. InterGlobe Aviation is the parent firm of which among the following airlines in India?
Low-cost airline IndiGo’s parent firm InterGlobe Aviation has received approval from market regulator Sebi for its Rs. 2,500-crore initial public offer. Under the offer, the company plans to issue fresh shares worth Rs. 1,272 crore.
10. Which of the following is India’s largest potato producing state?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
Top potato producing states of India are Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab and West Bengal .
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|