GK & Current Affairs : September 3, 4, 2015
1. Recently, Tropical Storm Etau caused extensive and destructive floods in which of the following countries?
On September 2, 2015, the Tropical Storm Etau caused extensive and destructive floods across eastern Japan. It originated near Guam and made a landfall in Honshu, Japan.
2. Which among the following is the correct full form of AMRUT?
[A]Atal Mission for Renovation and Urban Technology
[B]Atal Mission for Road and Urban Transport
[C]Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation
[D]None of them
Answer: Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
3. From which of the following months, generally the sowing of Kharif crops takes place in India?
The sowing of Kharif crops begins with the onset of southwest monsoon from June. In current year by September, 80 per cent of the total farm area has been sown, but in some states, planting has got delayed due to poor rains.
4. To empower women, the “Women-20 (W20)” group has been launched by G20. Who is the newly appointed president of the W20 group?
Answer: Gulden Turktan
To promote global gender-inclusive economic growth, the Group of Twenty (G20) launched Women-20 (W20) group. The W20 group will have 20 women leaders from G20 nations. The first W20 summit 2015 will held on October 7-8, 2015 at Istanbul, Turkey. Ms. Gulden Turktan from Turkey has been appointed as the first President of W20 forum. The Group of Twenty (G20) is the premier forum for global economic and financial cooperation that brings together the world’s major advanced and emerging economies, representing around 85 % of global GDP.
5. Which state government of India has rechristened its e-governance architecture as “e-Pragati”?
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
The state government of Andhra Pradesh has rechristened the AP State Enterprise Architecture (APSEA) as ‘e-Pragati’. The e-pragati will focus on achieving a unified and connected government with citizen-centricity at its core. Iti extends to 33 secretariat departments and over 300 government agencies in AP. It also seeks to provide a bouquet of 745 services in the government to customer (G2C), government to business (G2B), government to enterprise (G2E) and government to government (G2G) areas.
6. To maintain availability and control the price, the Government of India has banned export of all pulses except __?
[A]Tur (pigeon pea)
[B]Kabuli Chana (chick pea)
[C]Urad (black gram)
[D]Moong (green pea)
Answer: Kabuli Chana (chick pea)
The Union Government has taken several measures to increase availability and control the price of essential commodities, especially pulses and onions. States have been empowered to impose stock limits on pulses, export of all pulses is banned except Kabuli Chana, organic pulses and Lintels to the tune of 10,000 MTs. Besides there is zero duty on import of pulses. [PIB]
7. Recently, Forwards Markets Commission (FMC) has been merged with which of the following bodies?
Forwards Markets Commission (FMC) has been recently merged with SEBI to strengthen the regulation of Commodity Forward Markets.
8. Which among the following states is not among the states affected by Left Wing Extremism (LWE) in India?
Currently there are 82 districts of 10 states in India affected by Left Wing Extremism (LWE). These include Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Telangana.
9. Which among the following is India’s highest foreign exchange earner sector?
[C]Petroleum Products Export
Answer: Engineering Exports
Engineering is the leading segment of Indian industry and overseas shipments from this sector account for over twenty-two percent of India’s total merchandise exports. The engineering sector accounts for 25 percent of India’s total factories in the organized sector and contributes around 35 percent of total output in the country, being the highest foreign exchange earner. [Source]
10. The government of India’s new initiative “Kala Utsav” promotes the arts by __?
[A]Providing folk art performers a platform to showcase their talent
[B]Providing financial support to tribal art performers
[C]Providing scholarship to art students
[D]Nurturing and showcasing the artistic talent of school students
Answer: Nurturing and showcasing the artistic talent of school students
Kala Utsav is an initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to promote arts in education by nurturing and showcasing the artistic talent of school students at the secondary stage in the country.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »