GKToday Archives: July, 2012
1. Who among the following is the Chairman of ‘National Knowledge Commission’ ? [A]Ashok Ganguly [B]Nandan Nilekani [C]Sam Pitroda [D]Jayati Ghosh Sam Pitroda Show Answer 2. ’28th July’ is observed as _________ every year. [A]World Hepatitis Day [B]World Population Day [C]World UFO Day [D]World Humanitarian Day World Hepatitis Day Show Answer 3. Consider the following ..
1. Consider the following Statements: 1.Jawahar Thakur has been appointed as the new Controller General of Accounts (CGA) of India. 2.Controller General of Accounts (CGA) is the principal Accounts Adviser to the Government of India. Which among the Statement(s) given above is/are correct? [A]Only 1 [B]Only 2 [C]Both 1 and 2 [D]Neither 1 nor 2 ..
1. Recently ‘Kulandei Francis’ of India has been chosen for the Ramon Magsaysay Award for the year 2012 under which among the following categories? [A]Community leadership [B]Public Service [C]Journalism, Literature, and the Creative Communication Arts [D]Peace and International understanding Community leadership Established in 1957, the Ramon Magsaysay Award is Asia’s highest honour, and is named ..
1. Who among the following has been appointed as the new CEO of Yahoo! ? [A]Marissa Mayer [B]Shelley Broader [C]Karen Kinsley [D]Dianne Craig Marissa Mayer Show Answer 2. Who among the following has become the fifth president of Mauritius? [A]Anerood Jugnauth [B]Rajkeshwur Purryag [C]Navin Chandra Ramgoolam [D]Monique Ohsan Bellepeau Rajkeshwur Purryag Show Answer 3. Who ..
1. The RBI Governor,D.Subbarao has proposed ‘Producer Price Index (PPI)’ for measuring Inflation instead of WPI and CPI because: 1.The present structure of measuring inflation (WPI and CPI) and does not capture the price movement of services. 2.WPI is a hybrid of consumer and producer price quotes. 3.PPI measures price changes from the perspective of ..