Tamil Nadu GK for TNPSC Examinations
1. As per the recent (February 2012) data released by NPAsource.com, a portal that tracks NPA assets of banks' retail real estate exposure, which among the following state of India tops the list with highest number of substandard properties?
Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat and Andhra PradeshPopulation (2001 Census) : 76210007Males : 38527413Females : 37682594Sex Ratio (Females/1000 Males) : 978Density Of Population (Persons/ Square Km) : 275Urban Population % : 27.08Literacy ..... have the highest number of substandard properties, according to a study by NPAsource.com, a portal that tracks NPA assets of banks' retail real estate exposure. Out of a total of 6,359 units valued at Rs 9,897 crore across the country in the first 10 months of fiscal year, Tamil Nadu has the largest amount of substandard or NPA properties valued at Rs 1,261 crore spread across 663 units.
2. Which among the following company has been selected as a vendor for the Government of Tamil Nadu project of free distributionReturn to investors of the accumulated income of a trust or mutual fund and distribution of capital gains. of laptops to students of government and state aided schools and colleges across the state?
Computer hardware maker HCL Infosystems has bagged Rs 278 crore contract from Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu (ELCOT).
3. The DANIDA-TNAHCP initiative of Tamil nadu is related to which among the following sectors?
TNAHCP stands for Tamil Nadu Area Health Care Project (TNAHCP), a Government of Tamil Nadu project assisted by the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA). The DANIDA-TNAHCP initiative seeks to put in place a comprehensive concurrent monitoring system for the entire government health sector that focuses on the performance of its health institutions at all levels of care: primary, secondary and tertiary. The objective of such an effort is two-fold: to facilitate course correctionTemporary reversal of trend in share prices. This could be a reaction (a decrease following a consistent rise in prices) or a rally (an increase ..... from time to time and to provide inputs for policy.
4. The "oor panchayats" of Tamil Nadu can be placed in which among the following categories?
[B]Public Hearing meetings
[D]Alternate Dispute Settlement Centres
5. In how many zones, the Greater Chennai Police Commissionerate has been divided in Tamil Nadu?
In 2011, The state Government decided to merge the Chennai Suburban Police with the Chennai City Police and form a Greater Chennai Police Commissionerate. This Commissionerate will be divided into four Zones - North, South, Central and West - for better administration
6. The Mahatma Gandhi Community Colleges have been opened in Tamil Nadu in which among the following?
[A]Small Revenue Villages
[B]Districts with lowest Education Ratio
[C]Districts with highest population of SCs & STs
[D]Prisons for vocational training of prisoners
The Mahatma Gandhi Community College has been established in Puzhal Central Prison and 8 other Central Prisons for imparting vocational training courses.
7. The earliest name of Chennai is Chennaipattinam, which referred to the town around the Fort St George in 1639-40. The place was acquired by the British from ___?
[A]Damarla Venkatadri Nayakudu
[B]Peda Venkata Rayalu
[C]Padma Velama Nayak
8. In which year, name Chennai from Madras was officially changed ?
Madrasapattinam was a fishing village north of Fort St. George. The name Chennai from Madras was officially changed in 1996.
9. In which year, Madras State was renamed as Tamilnadu?
10. What is the name of seat of Corporation of Chennai?
Corporation of Chennai was established in 1688 and is the oldest municipal corporation of India. Ripon Building is the seat of Corporation of Chennai.
Click on the next Page Number