Quiz 555: General Studies for UPSC Examinations
1. The vaccine of which of the following diseases was not included in the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) initiated by the Government of India in 1978?
2. The members of the Constituent Assembly were elected by the Legislatures of various provinces and nominated by the rulers of the princely states. Why the members of the Constituent Assembly were NOT directly elected?
[A]Congress as well as Muslim League had demanded the election of the members of Constituent assembly members via this method only
[B]There was an array of disagreements with the Cabinet Mission amongst the different sections in India and formation was Constituent Assembly by directly elected members was not possible.
[C]The People of India had already given a mandate to create a Constituent Assembly from the elected members of Legislatures of various provinces
[D]The Princely states had objected for direct elections for the members of the Constituent assembly
3. Consider the following :
3. Organic Manure
Which among the above can be used in reclaimation of the Alkali soil?
[A]1 & 2
[B]2 & 3
[C]1, 2 & 3
[D]None of them
4. Consider the following duties of the state:
1. To make legislations for workers participation in management of undertakings
2. Protection of Minorities
3. Protection of the Environment
4. Uniform Civil Code
Which among the above have been enshrined in Directive Principles of State Policy?
[A]1, 2 & 3
[B]2, 3 & 4
[C]1, 2, 3 & 4
[D]1 & 2
5. Legislative Powers of the State of Jammu & Kashmir don't extend to the matters with respect to which the Parliament has power to make laws for the states under Constitution of India. The above provision finds its place in which among the following?
[A]Constitution of India part VI
[B]Constitution of India, article 370
[C]Constitution of India, article 238
[D]Constitution of Jammu & Kashmir
6. We assume that when Banana is priced Rs. 10 a dozen, the quantity demanded is 5 dozen. If due to increased supply, the price of Banana falls to Rs. 6 a dozen, the quantity demanded becomes 4 dozen. The elasticity of demand in this situation will be which among the following?
7. Which among the following elements works as a catalyst in the Suzuki Reaction, which was making news in 2010?
8. In context with the bilateral trade relations of India, which among the following has been signed with maximum number of countries as of now?
[A]Bilateral Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement (BIPA)
[B]Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (CECA)
[C]Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA)
[D]Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA)
9. Consider the following statements:
1. In India, Odisha is the leading mineral producing state during 2010-11
2. The Offshore areas share maximum fraction of mineral production of India
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
[A]Only 1 is correct
[B]Only 2 is correct
[C]Both 1 & 2 are correct
[D]Neither 1 nor 2 is correct
10. The name of Billy Arjan Singh is most closely associated with which among the following National Parks of India?
[A]Jim Corbett National Park
[B]Dudhwa National Park
[C]Panna National Park
[D]Rajaji National Park
11. Consider the following countries:
Which among the above had invaded Egypt during the Suez Crisis of 1956?
[B]Only 1 & 2
[C]Only 1 & 3
[D]All of them
12. To handle the problem of the malnutrition and one more important issue with the health associated therewith, the National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad has recently developed technology for double fortification of the salt. Apart from Iodine, which among the following is the other component of this fortification?
13. Consider the following:
1. Right to Life & Liberty
2. Right to Freedom of Religion
3. Equality before law
4. Freedom of speech and expression
Which among the above can NOT be claimed by foreigners in India?
[A]2 & 4
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
14. In the “Information Economy Report 2010″ UNCTAD has quoted that "in southern India, for example, fishermen's profits have increased by 8 per cent thanks to better market coordination". What does the better market coordination refers to in the statement by which fishermen's profits have increased by 8 per cent in Southern India?
[A]The state Governments in the southern India have recently implemented some schemes of integrated market complexes which have proved to be of immense help to the fisherman
[B]The Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) has established several collection centers in the Southern states where the fishermen have been able to sell their catches
[C]The use of Mobile Phones in South India has led to better market coordination
[D]Use of Oceansat-2 has been giving exact status of schools of Fishes in the coastal areas in Southern India
15. Which among the following was the smallest state among the Part A, B, C & D states after India's independence?