Current Affairs Quiz: October 6, 2013
1. Which of the following pairs has won China Open women’s double 2013 tennis title?
[A]Sania Mirza, Cara Black
[B]Vera Dushevina, Arantax Parra
[C]Sania Mirza, Arantax Parra
[D]Cara Black, Vera Dushevina
Sania Mirza, Cara Black
Sania Mirza and Cara Black pair has won China Open women’s double 2013 tennis title. The Indo-Zimbabwean pair thrashed Vera Dushevina and Arantax Parra pair. Sania and Cara have won Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo last week.
2. In October 2013, which of the following countries has started import of power from India?
Bangladesh has started import of power from India. Power import from India started with the inauguration of the Bangladesh-India power transmission centre and Bheramara 360 Combined Cycle Power plant. The inauguration started to add 175WM power from India to the Bangladesh national grid.
3. Which of the following is the smallest country in Africa continent?
The smallest country in African is the Seychelles which is 453 sq km.
4. As per the latest report by World Bank, which country has become the largest recipient of foreign remittances in 2013?
India emerged as the largest recipient of foreign remittance among developing economies in 2013. As per the World Bank report entitled Migration and Remittance Flows: Recent Trends and Outlook 2013-16 Non Resident Indians (NRI) sent a record 71 billion dollars in 2012.
5. The Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) schemes aims to reform ___ ?
[C]Girl child Education
Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan is a centrally sponsored scheme for reforming the state higher education system.
6. Who among the following is the chairman of the committee on Comprehensive Financial Services for Small Businesses and Low-income households?
The RBI has set up a 13-member committee to frame a clear and detailed vision for financial inclusionThe Inclusive Meaning of Financial Inclusion Financial Inclusion or Inclusive Finance refers to the delivery of financial services (Not only Banking) at an affordable cost to ..... across the country. The committee is chaired by Nachiket Mor, member on the RBI’s Central Board of DirectorsRBI's business is overseen by Central Board of Directors, which delegates the functions to its committees and sub-committees. The Central Board of Directors is ...... The Committee on Comprehensive Financial Services for Small Business and Low-Income
Households has been tasked to develop a comprehensive monitoring framework to track the progress of financial inclusion and deepening efforts on a nationwide basisIn a futures market, basis is defined as the cash price (or spot price) of whatever is being traded minus its futures price for the ......
7. In October 2013, Sachin Tendulkar reached another landmark by completing 50,000 runs in competitive cricket across all formats. Apart from Sachin who among the following has achieved this feat?
2.Mark Ravin Ramprakash
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 2 & 3
[C]Only 1, 2 & 3
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
1, 2, 3 & 4
Apart from Sachin, some other known batsmen who crossed the 50,000 runA run involves a person creating activity in a security by successively buying or selling that security. The intention is that the increased activity would, ..... mark are WG Grace, also known as “Father of Cricket”, Mark Ravin Ramprakash, a Middlesex star and presently the team’s batting coach and English Jack Hobbs. But it is Graham Gooch who has the most runs in all three formats combined (67,075).
8. In October 2013, SEBI has announced new Foreign PortfolioA collection of securities owned by an individual or an institution (such as a mutual fund) that may include stocks, bonds and money market securities. ..... Investor (FPIs) regulations for easier registration process and operating framework for investors from abroad. The new FPIs will encompass which of the followings?
1.Foreign Institutional Investors
2.Qualified Foreign InvestorsFundamentals: Qualified Foreign Investors (QFIs) From the first week of January 2012, the Qualified Foreign Investors (QFIs) are allowed to Directly Invest in Indian .....
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[B]Only 1 & 2
[C]Only 1 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
Only 1 & 2
9. Recently (October, 2013), India and which of the following countries come together to practice amphibious war manoeuvres in GoaGoa : General Information Population (2001 Census):1347668Males:687248Females:660420Urban Population %:49.47Literacy Rate (Census 2001) In %:82Male Literacy In %:88.4Male Literate In Numbers:541032Female Literacy In %:75.4Female Literate In ..... under the code name “Exercise Shatrujeet” ?
Indian and American troops are practising amphibious war manoeuvres in Goa as a part of efforts of the two countries to build strong ties between their armed forces. The exercise is code named “Exercise Shatrujeet”.
10. Name the Indian-American, who has been nominated to top-key position in trade promotion arm of the US Commerce department?
[B]Arun M Kumar
Arun M Kumar
US President Barack Obama has named yet another Indian-American; Kerala University Physics graduate Arun M Kumar to lead the trade arm promotion arm of the US Commerce department charged with helping US companies succeed in market around the world. Kumar, who has been nominated Assistant Secretary and Director General of the US and Foreign Commercial services, International Trade Administration, Department of Commerce, would on Senate confirmation succeed another Indian American, Suresh Kumar.