Shipping Ministry Marine Logistics Portal
The Government of India launched the PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan to increase the execution time of infrastructure projects in India. To achieve this in the shipping industry, the ministry recently launched the Marine Logistics Portal. The portal will bring all the stakeholders in the shipping industry together. It aims to reduce the cost of logistics. Though launched by the shipping ministry, the platform covers all modes of transport such as roadways, waterways, and airways.
About the portal
- The portal is called National Logistics Portal – Marine.
- It will allow multiple service providers in the exports and imports business to come together under one platform
- Stakeholders in logistics are those people involved in the transport of goods and services. NLP – M will focus on four main stakeholders such as banking, cargo, carrier, and finance
- It will replace the existing Port Community System
- The portal was developed by Potal Info Systems
- It will help India in achieving its goal of PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan. The project aims to create infrastructure projects of worth Rs 100 lakh crores before the 75th independence day.
This is a big step in digitizing trade. It will eliminate the obstacles in logistics. Also, it will increase efficiency and transparency.
Month: Current Affairs - January, 2023
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs - 2022
Topics: Gati Shakti National Master Plan • infrastructure projects • Logistics • National Logistics Portal (NLP) • Shipping Industry
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - February, 2023
Current Affairs Articles Compilation [PDF] - February, 2023
Current Affairs [PDF] - February 16-28, 2023
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|