Senior Kannada writer Dr.M. M. Kalburgi passes away
Senior Kannada writer Dr. Malleshappa Madivalappa Kalburgi passed away in Dharwad, Karnataka. He was 77.
Dr. Kalburgi died after he was shot dead by unidentified persons in his residence in Dharwad.
He was scholar of Vachana sahitya (Vachana literature), Kannada epigraphist and academician who had served as the Vice-Chancellor of Kannada University in Hampi.
About Malleshappa Madivalappa Kalburgi
- M. M. Kalburgi was born 1938 in Yaragal (now in Karnataka) in then Bombay Presidency.
- His work: He has written over 20 publications, including Neeru Neeradisittu, Sarangarshi, Kachhittu Kalyan.
- As a rationalist and left ideologue he had openly spoken against idolatry tradition in Hinduism.
- Awards and Honours: He was conferred with the Sahitya Akademi award (2006) for his collection of research articles titled Marga 4.
- He also was conferred with Nrupatunga Award, Basava Puraskara, Nrupatunga Award and Pampa award for his contribution to Kannada literature.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|