India’s Textiles Exports in FY 2021-22
In the financial year 2021-22, India recorded its highest-ever apparel and textiles exports which stood at USD 44.4 billion. The exports tally also includes handicrafts and indicates a substantial increase of 41 per cent and 26 per cent in comparison to the corresponding figures recorded in FY21 and FY20, respectively.
What were the top export destinations?
The top export destinations of textiles from India were:
- USA: It was the top export destination for the textiles products of the country. It accounted for 27 per cent of all apparel and textiles exports.
- European Union: Exports to the EU stood at 18 per cent of the total.
- Bangladesh: Exports stood at 12 per cent of the total.
- UAE: Exports to the UAE stood at 6 per cent of the total.
What is the export value in terms of product categories?
- Export of cotton textiles: Cotton textiles export stood at USD 17.2 billion with a 39 per cent share. This product category registered a growth of 54 per cent and 67 per cent during 2021-22 in comparison to FY2020-21 and FY2019-20, respectively.
- Export of ready-made garments: Ready-made garment exports stood at USD 16 billion with a share of 36 per cent. This product category showed a growth of 31 per cent and 3 per cent during 2021-22 in comparison to FY2020-21 and FY2019-20, respectively.
- Exports of Man-made textiles: The exports of man-made textiles stood at USD 6.3 billion with a share of 14 per cent. This shows a growth of 51 per cent and 18 per cent during 2021-22 in comparison to FY2020-21 and FY2019-20, respectively.
- Export of handicrafts: Handicraft exports stood at USD 2.1 billion with a share of 5 per cent. This showed a growth of 22 per cent and 16 per cent during 2021-22 in comparison to FY2020-21 and FY2019-20, respectively.
The numbers were released by the Ministry of Textiles.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2022
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs - 2022
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|