Current Affairs Quiz – January
1. What is the theme of the World Economic Forum 2023 meeting? [A] Cooperation in a Fragmented World[B] Planet People Partnership[C] Inclusive and sustainable growth[D] Promotion of Regional Trade Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Cooperation in a Fragmented World] Notes:The World Economic Forum, known for its annual summit in Davos, Switzerland, is a non-governmental organisation ..
1. Who is the first woman officer to be operationally deployed at Kumar Post, Siachen? [A] Captain Shiva Chouhan[B] Captain Bhawana Kanth[C] Captain Avani Chaturvedi[D] Captain Mohana Singh Jitarwal Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Captain Shiva Chouhan] Notes:Captain Shiva Chouhan, an officer from the Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers, became the first woman officer to be ..
1. Which Union Ministry launched the ‘Prajjwala Challenge’? [A] Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs[B] Ministry of Rural Development[C] Ministry of Home Affairs[D] Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Ministry of Rural Development] Notes:Ministry of Rural Development’s Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) has launched the Prajjwala ..
1. Darvaza gas crater, also known as the ‘Gateway to Hell’, is located in which country? [A] USA[B] Russia[C] Indonesia[D] Turkmenistan Show Answer Correct Answer: D [Turkmenistan] Notes:Turkmenistan President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov has ordered experts to find a method to extinguish a fire in the Darvaza gas crater. Also known as the ‘Gateway to Hell’, it ..
1. Bharath Subramaniyam, who was seen in the news, is associated with which sports? [A] Tennis[B] Chess[C] Table-Tennis[D] Weightlifting Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Chess] Notes:Fourteen-year-old Bharath Subramaniyam became India’s 73rd chess Grandmaster, after he secured the third and final GM norm at an event in Italy. He also touched the requisite 2,500 (Elo) mark. ..
1. Environment Ministry released Guidelines on ‘Extended producer responsibility (EPR)’ for which product? [A] Bio-medical Waste[B] Waste Tyres[C] Plastic Waste[D] E- Waste Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Waste Tyres] Notes:The Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change released the draft notification for regulations for the extended producer responsibility (EPR) for Waste Tyres. If finalised, the ..