Quiz – Current Affairs September 21, 2012
1. Which among the following country has recently inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on urban regeneration and development with India?
2. Recently the Dept. of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY) has launched SANDHAN, the Indian language search engine for tourism domain. The search engine provides information for queries in 5 Indian languages. Which among the following is not of them?
The other two languages are Bengali and Marathi.
3. Recently IRDA has allowed the general insurance companies which have completed 10 years in business to tap capital market through IPO (initial public offer). For how many years an IPO grant is valid once it is approved by IRDA?
4. Selaulim reservoir, which is recently in news is located in which among the following State?
Recently the Goa Government has finally resolved to shut down the mines pouring manganese and iron ore in the Selaulim reservoir, the source of potable
water for 55 per cent of the State’s population.
5. Recently which among the following country has passed the Hindu Marriage Registration Bill 2012 which aims to provide legal and social protection to members of the Hindu community?
6. Which among the following company has emerged as the world’s most attractive employer in the global employer branding firm Universum’s global talent attraction index “The World’s Most Attractive Employers 2012”?
[D]J P Morgan
7. Recently in which among the following City, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has launched India’s first High quality Video Call Office (VCO)?
With this launch, the BSNL has become the first Telecom Service Provider in the country to take such an initiative to offer high quality Video calling
service to the common man.
8. The Hindi Diwas is observed on 14 September because on this date ____?
[A]Hindi was declared National Language of India
[B]Hindi was declared Official Language of India
[C]Hindi Poet Maithilisharan Gupta was born
[D]None of the above reasons
Hindi was declared Official Language of India
9. Moreh, which was recently in news in context with the India-Myanmar-Thailand triconnectivity project is located in ____?
10. “Rock of Polynesia” is located in ____?
[B]South Pacific Ocean
South Pacific Ocean
The above quiz has 10 questions. GKToday is publishing 20 questions with explanations every day in its Current Affairs - 2020 Daily MCQ Series in Academy App for nominal fee of Rs. 750/- a year. Download Now
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »