Quiz 629: GK Questions for Bank PO, IAS and PCS Examinations
1. President can proclaim National Emergency under Article 352 in the entire country or in any part of it, on the grounds of :
2. Article 123 of the Indian Constitution provides for:
3. The Election Commission of India is not concerned with the elections of /to the :
4. Consider the following Statements regarding the Turkish rulers of Sultanate period:
- Illtutmish formed a Group of Forty nobles known as ‘Turkan-i- Chihalgani’.
- Balban was very much influenced by Iranian customs and traditions and under their influence started the customs of Sijda and Paibos in his court.
- Alauddin Khilji was the first Sultan of Delhi who invaded southern India.
- Ibn Battuta, the Moroccan traveler visited India during the reign of Muhammad Bin Tughlaq.
Select the statements which are correct:
5. In 1837, James Princep deciphered an Inscription in Brahmi script referring to a king called ‘Devanampiya Piyadassi’. The celebrated monarch known by this epithet was :
6. Select the statement which is NOT correct regarding Kalidasa:
7. Who were Manu, Yajnavalkya , Narada and Brihaspati ?
8. Consider the following statements about the advent of Europeans as trading entities in India-
- The French Company was the last amongst the European Trading powers to reach India.
- The ‘Cartaze’ were used by the Portuguese to monopolize trade along the Coromandel coast.
Which of the above statements is / are correct?
9. India’s first Food Bank as part of the India Food Banking Network (IFBN) was inaugurated in :
10. The Xinjiang province of China is experiencing ethnic turmoil for the past several years because of which of the following tribes protesting against the increasing settlements of Han Chinese?