Quiz 628: GK Questions June
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true regarding the Vitamin C?
2. Consider the following regarding the differences between ‘holography’ and ‘photography’:
- When a photograph is cut in half, each piece shows half of the scene. When a hologram is cut in half, the whole scene can still be seen in each piece.
- A lens is required in photography to record the image, whereas in holography, the light from the object is scattered directly onto the recording medium.
Select the statement(s) which is/are correct?
3. Which of the following are the provisions of SARFAESI Act which enables banks to reduce their non-performing assets (NPAs)
- Enforcement of Security Interest by secured creditor (Banks/ Financial Institutions).
- Transfer of non- performing assets to asset reconstruction company , which will then dispose of those assets and realise the proceeds.
- To provide a legal framework for securitization of assets.
- Assisting banks in making the credibility track record of customers under Credit Information Bureau of India (CIBIL).
4. The central nodal agency for implementing the price support operations for commercial crops is:
5. Andaman and Nicobar( Protection of Aboriginal tribes )Amendment Regulation 2012 has been promulgated under Article 240 of the Constitution, which empowers the President to take such measures for the protection of Aboriginal tribes in case of Union Territories. This regulation will protect which of the following tribes?
6. Sultan Azlan Shah Cup is related to which among the following Sports?
7. Who among the following owned California-based SpaceX?
8. Traditional Knowledge Digital Library (TKDL) aims to safeguard the valuable traditional knowledge from being patented by other countries . Which of the following Statement(s) is/are correct regarding TKDL?
- The Health Ministry has fixed 1960 as the “cut-off year” for the purpose of including transcriptions of all Indian traditional works in the database of the TKDL.
- TKDL is a collaborative project between the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and AYUSH.
9. The Western Ghats Ecology Expert Panel (WGEEP) is headed by:
10. The P5+1 is a group of countries which in 2006 joined the diplomatic efforts with Iran in regards to its nuclear program.The term refers to the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus ________ :