Quiz 509 : Basic General Awareness for All Examinations
1. Consider the following statements:
1. Anti-collision device (ACD) Network is patented by Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd.
2. Anti-collision device (ACD) uses Global Positioning System for its work
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
(A)Only 1 is true
(B)Only 2 is true
(C)Both are true
(D)Neither is true
2. Which among the following is not a Nonpermanent member of United Nations Security Council for the period of 1 January 2011 – 31 December 2012?
3. Where was held the 98th Indian Science Congress in early 2011?
4. Which among the following international sports body had unveiled an anti-corruption committee to enhance credibility and increase transparency?
(A)International Cricket Council
(B)International Olympic Committee
(D) Commonwealth Games Federation
5. In which of the following years the Bharat Scouts and Guides was founded?
6. E. S. L. Narasimhan is the Governor of which among the following states?
7. In which year the Traditional Forest Dwellers Act was enacted in India ?
8. On which among the following courts, Chennai Open is played ?
9. In which of the following states is located the Temple of Preah Vihear, one of the famous World Heritage sites?
10. Which among the following body gives the Pritzker Prize , the Nobel of Architecture every year?
(C)Royal Institute of British Architects
(D)Leading European Architects Forum
11. Who among the following headed the Forest Rights Act Review Committee that submitted its report in the first half of 2010?
(D)N C Saxena
12. Which among the following Gulfs is noted for the extreme rise and fall of its tides, making it ideal location for Tidal energy ?
(A)Gulf of Mannar
(B)Gulf of Khambat
(C)Gulf of Kutch
(D)Both B and C
13. Who among the following is the chairman of National Knowledge Commission?
(D)Dr. Pushp Bhargav
14. In which country is located Mount Kilimanjaro ?
15. Suchitra Mitra, who died recently was an artist of which among the following types of Music?
(D)None of them