Quiz 397: Geography for Public Service Examinations
1. Which among the following is the correct location of Earth’s magnetosphere?
2. Oxygen-18 has been frequently used in Palaeoclimatology to measure / estimate climate changes in the history of Earth. Consider the following statements in this context:
- It helps in measuring the average atmospheric temperature
- Water molecules containing the heavier O-18 evaporate at a higher temperature
- When temperature increases the Ratio of O-18 to O-16 will be higher
Which among the above statements are correct ?
3. What is Chernozem?
4. Consider the following statements regarding the abyssal zones:
- It is the deepest water zone of the seas
- It represents temperatures around 2 to 3 degrees Celsius
- It is below hadal zone and bathyal zone
Which among the above statements are correct
5. The unit less measure of Earth’s reflectivity which is combined effect of all shortwave losses is known as ___?
6. Due to which of the following winds, Central Europe enjoys a warmer climate ?
7. What is the number of known crystalline phases of water?
8. The aeration zone in earth’s lithosphere lies at ___?
9. The correct location of Milwaukee Deep is ___________?
10. Which among the following is the tide of minimum rise?