Person in News: Pinki Pramanik
- Pinki Pramanik is an Indian athlete specialized in 400m and 800m.
- She grabbed the limelight after winning gold at 2006 Asian Games, gold at 2005 Asian Indoor Games and silver at 2006 commonwealth games.
- She also won three gold medals at 2006 South Asian Games
- On 14 June 2012, Pramanik was arrested after accusations by her 32-year old female partner of rape and of being male.
- The allegations led to medical tests to determine her gender. Initial private tests claimed to show her to be male. But she disagreed with the results and police ordered a separate government-led test as part of the trial.
- Her case is currently under investigation.
Tags:2012 , July 2012 , Persons in News