‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ Nationwide Campaign
Central Government is all set to launch a nationwide campaign “Har Ghar Tiranga”, marking the 75th Independence Day.
- Under this campaign, citizens will be encouraged to raise the national flag at their residences.
- This initiative was launched as a part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, by the nodal Ministry of Culture.
About Har Ghar Tiranga Campaign
- The Har Ghar Tiranga Campaign was launched to encourage Indians worldwide to fly the National flag.
- This campaign will serve as a symbol of citizen’s dedication to nation-building and personal connection to the flag, in light of 75th years of In Independence.
- Its main goal is to inculcate a sense of patriotism in hearts of citizens and raise awareness on the national flag.
How is the National Flag regulated in India?
In India, government has formulated the “Flag Code of India 2002”. It provides guidelines on usage, exhibition and hoisting of National Flag. The Flag Code of India was operationalised on January 26, 2002. It regulates the display of Flag by Public, Private and Government Institutions. It formulates and compiles all laws, practices, customs, and guidelines to do so.
Revised Flag Code of India, 2022
In 2021, the 2002 code was revised. As per revised norms, Indian flag can now be made using machine and polyester fabric. National Flag can now be made using cotton, polyester, silk, Khadi and wool.
Shape and size of the National Flag
The national flag of India must be in rectangular shape. It can be made in any size. But it shall follow a length to width ratio of 3:2.
Restrictions on display
The Flag Code of India, 2002 provides no restriction on display of National Flag by members of private organisations, general public, or educational institutions, if it is being displayed with dignity and honour.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2022
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs