Guru Kripa Yara with Bharat Gaurav Trains
The Indian Railways is to launch the Guru Kripa Yatra with Bharat Gaurav Trains in April 2023. During the Yatra, the tourists will visit the holy sites of Sikhism.
About the Yatra
During the Yatra, the passengers shall board and de-board at Lucknow, Pilibhit, Sitapur, and Bareilly. The yatra is for 11 days. Totally 678 passengers shall participate in a single yatra. Three different types of categories are offered based on comfort. They are Standard (sleeper class), Superior (3rd AC), and Comfort (2nd AC). This way families of all income levels can take the yatra.
Sites included in the yatra
- Sri Kesgarh Sahib Gurudwara
- Virasat-e-khalsa at Anandpur Sahib
- Gurudwara Sri Patalpuri Sahib at Kiratpur Sahib
- Gurudwara Sri Fatehgarh Sahib at Sirhind
- Akal Takht Sahib
- Harmandir Sahib at Amritsar
- Damdama Sahib at Bathinda
- Takht Sachkhand Sri Hazur Sahib at Nanded
- Gurudwara Sri Guru Nanak Jhira Sahib at Bidar
- Gurudwara Sri Harmandarji Sahib at Patna
Five Takhts included in the package
All five major Takhts of Sikhism are included in the package. The first Takht was established by Guru Hargobind in 1609. TAKHT means the seat of Authority. The five Takhsts are generally referred to as the Panj Takht. Hey are the Akal Takht, Damdama Sahib, KEshgarh, Hazur Sahib, Patna Sahib.
Takhts issue orders and regulations to the Sikhs from time to time. Of all the Takht, Akal Takht is the supreme.
The Bharat Gaurav trains were launched under the “Deko Apna Desh” initiative. The main objective of launching these trains was to boost tourism.