GK & Current Affairs – November 20, 2015
1. Which of the following condition support Rice cultivation?
[A]Minimum rainfall 100 cm to 200 cm
[B]Temperature range from 16°C – 27°C
[C]Land located near river delta
[D]All of the above
Answer: All of the above
All of the above conditions support for healthy rice cultivation.
2. ‘Basel-III reforms’ are related to which of the following?
Basel III” is a comprehensive set of reform measures, developed by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, to strengthen the regulation, supervision and risk management of the banking sector. It has to to implemented by countries central bank for growth of banking sector.
3. Which of the following countries was host to the G 20 summit for the Year 2015?
2015 G-20 Antalya summit was the tenth meeting of the G-20 heads of government. It was held on 15-16 November 2015 in Antalya, Turkey.
4. ‘Kohvar’ and ‘Sohrai’ are two famous paintings practised by womens of which of the following state in India?
Kohvar on marriage occasion and sohrai on Harvest occasion in Jharkhand state of India.
5. Which of the following is related to 99th constitutional amendment act in Indian constitution?
[A]Formation of a National Judicial Appointments Commission
[B]Amendment of First Schedule to Constitution
[C]Promotion of Co-operative Societies
[D]To empower the Governor of Karnataka to take steps to develop the Hyderabad-Karnataka Region
Answer: Formation of a National Judicial Appointments Commission
The NJAC Act and the Constitutional Amendment Act after receiving president assent came into force from 13 April 2015.The commission is said to be responsible for the appointment and transfer of judges to the higher judiciary in India.However, the act was rejected by Supreme court under Judicial review Doctrine of the court.The Honorable supreme court of India said, the act tend to dismantle the independence of Judiciary and still need many amendments to be done in it.
6. Which two diseases have been reported to cause for highest number of global death of children in India?
Answer: Pneumonia, Diarrhoea
International Vaccine Access Centre (IVAC) has reported in 2015, that Pneumonia & Diarrhoea to be the common diseases for maximum number of death in children of India.
7. Who among the following Indian personalities is the co-author of the recently released book ‘The Great Indian Diet’?
Answer: Shilpa Shetty
Shilpa Shetty has co-authored the book The Great Indian Diet, which is based on the goodness of Indian food.The another co-author is health and fitness expert Luke Countinho.
8. ‘World Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Day’ for Year 2015 was observed on which date?
Answer: 18 November
World COPD Day is organised each year by the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) to improve awareness and care of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) around the world.World COPD Day 2015 took place on November 18 around the theme “It’s Not Too Late.”
9. Who among the following has written Brahma Sutra, one of the fundamental texts of the Vedanta school of Hinduism?
[D]Swami Dayanand Saraswati
Answer: Adi Shankaracharya
‘Adi Shankaracharya’ born in 788 CE was a philosopher and theologian from India who consolidated the doctrine of Advaita Vedanta.He explained the key difference between Hinduism and Buddhism, stating that Hinduism asserts “Atman (Soul, Self) exists”, while Buddhism asserts that there is “no Soul, no Self. The government may declare his birth date as Philosopher day.
10. Which of the following is the prevaling system for appointment of Judges to High Court and Supreme Court of India?
[A]National Judicial Appointment Commision
[C]Executive method of appointment
[D]Merit selection and legislative appointment
Answer: Collegium System
After the rejection of NJAC, Supreme court have asked to stick to the original collegium system for appointment of judges.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »