Virender Sehwag announces retirement from International Cricket
Ace Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag has announced his retirement from international cricket.
This announcement comes after more than two-and-a-half years on from his last appearance in Test match for India in March 2013 against Australia in Hyderabad.
About Virender Sehwag
- Born: 20 October 1978 in New Delhi.
- He had started his international cricket career in 1999 after he played his first One Day International (ODI) against Pakistan and later in 2001 joined the Indian Test team.
- In his remarkable career, he had scored 17,253 international runs across all formats.
- ODI Career: He had played 251 ODI matches and scored 8273 runs with batting average of 35.05. It includes 15 centuries including the second-highest individual ODI score of 219 after Rohit Sharma.
- Test Career: He had played 104 test matches and scored 8,586 runs with batting average of 49.34. His score stands at fifth position in India’s all-time list.
- It includes 23 centuries and highest score of 319 (against South Africa). It was also the fastest triple century in the history of international cricket reached 300 off only 278 balls.
- Captaincy: He had occasionally captained India tean in 12 ODIs between 2003 and 2012 and 4 Tests matches between 2005 and 2012.
- Sehwag was a part of the Indian cricket team that had ended runner up in 2003 ICC World Cup and also part of Indian cricket team that lifted the 2011 edition ICC World Cup.
- Awards and Honours: Arjuna Award (2002), ICC Test Player of the Year 2010, Padma Shree (2010)
GC Murmu chosen as external auditor by OPCW
G C Murmu has been chosen as the External Auditor of Organisation for Prohibition of Chemical Weapon...
ISRO Espionage Case
On April 15, 2021, the Supreme Court ordered a CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) probe into the ...
Ambedkar Jayanti: April 14
Every year India celebrates Ambedkar Jayanti or Bhim Jayanti on April 14. The day is also called Amb...
Sushil Chandra: Next Chief Election Commissioner
Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra recently took over as the new Chief Election Commissioner of In...
UAE names first Female Astronaut
Noura al Matroushi has been named as the first Female Astronaut of UAE. ContentsFirst Female Astrona...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|