G Satheesh Reddy wins first IEI-IEEE award
Senior DRDO scientist Dr. G. Satheesh Reddy was awarded the first IEI-IEEE Award for Engineering Excellence-2015.
He was bestowed with this award in recognition of his significant national contributions towards missiles and aerospace technologies.
About G Satheesh Reddy
- Reddy is a renowned aerospace and navigation scientist. Presently, he is serving as the Scientific Adviser to the Defence Minister and DRDO’s DG (Missiles & Strategic Systems),
- He had served as Director of the Research Centre Imarat (RCI), a key laboratory of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Missile Complex of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- He has pioneered many technological developments for Indian Missiles. He had led indigenous development of denied sensor and avionics technologies related to Indian missile navigation.
- He also has made significant contributions towards successful flight testing of the country’s maiden intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) Agni-V mission.
- He is also credited with development of the Medium Range Surface-to-Air Weapon System (MRSAM) and the country’s first guided bomb, among others.
- In 2015, he became first Indian to get the fellowship from Royal Institute of Navigation.
IEI-IEEE Award: It has been constituted by the Institution of Engineers (India) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Asia Pacific region to mark IEI’s 50th anniversary.