Rural Infrastructure Development Fund
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) recently announced that it provided Rs 1,236 crores to Assam in 2020-21 from its Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF).
What is RIDF?
It was created in 1995-96 with an initial corpus of Rs 2,000 crores.
In 2020-21, Rs 29,848 crores was allocated to RIDF. With this the cumulative allocation has reached Rs 18,500 crores.
The fund shall be used for 37 eligible activities as approved by the GoI. These eligible activities are classified under the three broad categories. They are social sector, agriculture and related sector and rural connectivity.
Agriculture and Related Sectors
- Mechanisation of farm operations
- Dedicated Rural Industry estates
- Separate Feeder lines
- Solar Photovoltaic power plants
- Infrastructure works related to solar energy, energy conservation, wind energy.
- Desalination plants in coastal areas
- Infrastructure for Information Technology in rural areas
- Village Knowledge Centres
- Mini Hydel Projects up to 25MW
- Medium Irrigation Projects
- Major Irrigation Projects
- Modern Abattoir
- Riverine Fisheries
- Community irrigation well
- Fishing harbour
- Plantation and Horticulture
- Seed/ Agriculture/ Horticulture Farms
- Market Yard, Godown, Mandi, Rural Haat, Marketing Infrastructure
- Cold storage, Public/ Joint sector cold storage at various exit points
- Flood Protection
- Forest Development
- Watershed Development
- Soil Conservation
- Minor Irrigation Projects
- Solid Waste Management
- Construction of Anganwadis
- Setting of KVIC centres
- Pay and Use toilets
- Infrastructure for Rural Education Institutions
- Drinking water
- Public Health Institutions
Rural bridges and Rural Roads
- State Governments and Union Territories
- State Government sponsored and supported organisations
- State owned corporations and state government undertakings
- Panchayat Raj institutions and Self-Help Groups
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2021
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|