RIC Forum pitches to deepen cooperation in combating terrorism
The 14th meeting of the Foreign Ministers of the Russia, India and China (RIC) Forum have vowed to deepen cooperation in combating terrorism.
The meeting was held in Moscow, Russia and was attended Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, Union Minister of Foreign Affairs Sushma Swaraj, and Minister of Foreign Affairs of China Wang Yi took.
Key highlights of 2016 RIC Forum
- The Ministers discussed various aspects of trilateral cooperation on global and regional issues.
- They pitched for progress in strengthening the international legal framework underlying the modern world order and neutralisation of common challenges.
- They also have pitched for setting up of a broad counter-terrorist front with the UN playing a central role and stepping up efforts to combat global drug threat.
- They also discussed on creating a new security and cooperation architecture in the Asia-Pacific region.
- They also exchanged views to the situation in the North Africa, Middle East including Syria, and the situation in Afghanistan and Ukraine.
The Ministers have also decided to hold the next trilateral meeting in India.
RIC Forum: It is a trilateral grouping of Russia, India and China that has met annually since 2002. In recent years, the RIC has functioned as a complement to other frameworks involving three countries and including the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|