RBI sets up Panel for deeper penetration of Rural credit
The Reserve Bank of India set up a panel to recommend ways to strengthen the rural co-operative credit structure.
Head of the committee: NABARD Chairman Prakash Bakshi,
- Review the existing Short-Term Co-operative Credit Structure (STCCS)
- Finding structural constraints in the rural credit delivery system
- Device methods to enhance the rural co-operative credit architecture
- In-depth examination of the STCCS
- Analyse alternatives to cut the cost of credit
- Test the possibility of establishment of a two-tier STCCS as against the existing three-tier structure.
- The STCCS provides credit to the small and marginal farmers in the country.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|